THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Happy Flag Day....


 Today we celebrate flag day here in the US. Growing up in Baltimore, the flag was always special, due to its significance to the Star Spangled Banner that flew over Fort McHenry during the War of 1812, and inspired Francis Scott Key to write what became our national anthem. Here are two flag related pieces I thought I'd share today.

First is a piece by Shepherds Bush called Old Glory. I love the hand painted mat by Jill Rensel.

 

Second is an original by Dan PiPaola (Freid Green Tomatoes). While I worked at Twisted Threads, Ruth collaborated with Dan on a number of cross stitch designs of his art work. He came to the shop once for a Meet and Greet and I was able to score one of his pieces.......this was about the only one I could afford!!! It's color washes on muslin with tiny stars printed on the red stripes.

 

Now, on to stitching.....I pulled out One Nation by Samplers Not Forgotten and worked on the flowers. Isn't the needle minder cute? It's the theme from the Golden Girls; a friend gave it to me.

 

Last, but not least, is a pair of tables I saw at Hobby Lobby...perfect for a cross stitcher! And no, I did not buy them! LOL


 That's it for me today...have a great one and thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



5 comments:

  1. Happy Flag Day to you, Stasi! Both of the patriotic pieces you shared are beautiful especially the one by Dan PiPaola. Your WIP is looking good and what an awesome needle minder. What a cool pair of tables at Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful needlework and Flag mementos and
    great tables (at least one in each needlewoman's
    home)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Flag Day pieces are so nice, Stasi. I didn't realize you had worked at Twisted Threads--you have such a wonderful cross stitch legacy :) The sampler you are working on is so pretty. The one I showed today is also by Samplers Not Forgotten--I really need to check out more of her designs. Happy Flag Day--it's clearing up nicely here so I may get to put my flag out this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Patriotic pieces.
    Cant go wrong with a Shepherd's Bush!
    Love the needle minder!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have so many patriotic designs over there, it must be so difficult to know what to stitch next! Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete