THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, June 30, 2023

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast.......710

 

 

 I hope you're "feeling groovvy"!!!  I know, I'm dating myself!!!

  Wow---the last day of June...six months of 2023 already in the books!  These first six months have been a bit of a challenge; I'm hoping for smooth sailing from here on in.

I've spent the last couple days on the sofa with my stitching. I did something to my knee while walking the other morning. I went to the doctor and xrays showed arthritis in my left knee as well as a possible small tear n the meniscus. On anti-inflamatory meds and icing knee and it's feeling much better. I start PT for six weeks on the 5th and then a follow up with the doctor. 

So, the result is I have built a small hotel. 

 

The Lankford Hotel is standing proudly....now on to the boardwalk.

I also FFO'd a car project, Spirit of Stitching Santa by Brooke's Books. Stitched on 14 ct perforated paper with the called for DMC floss. I did substitute the called for Kreinik metallics with ones I had on hand. I also had to change how I did the mustache as I didn't want to use...and possibly couldn't find... the DMC Memory floss. These are a LOT of work, but so worth it in the end. For reference, he is almost 8" tall!!!

 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and safe travels if you are on the move for the holiday. 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome progress on the Lankford piece, Stasi! Your Santa finish looks amazing. I am sorry you injured your knee. Hope it mends fully for you! Enjoy your Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the knee, but just look at what you did with the down time!
    Just love the intricate Mr. Claus. Hope your healing is hasty and complete.
    heritage

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Got to make the morning last!"
    Great progress on the Lankford Hotel.
    Your Santa is awesome.
    Sorry you hurt your knee.
    Sometimes the littlest things set off pain.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the knee injury doesn't sound like fun, Stasi... I hope it heals quickly. It seems to be we are always dealing with one ache or pain or another as we get older, doesn't it? I think that is the cutest Santa--love all the things he is carrying on the string. Hope you're able to rest up this weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain Stasi. I had the same thing in my knee many years ago and had to have surgery on it in the end. Fingers crossed that the physio helps and you don't have to go down that route. That's great progress on the house and that Santa is fabulous! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your Lankford finished, that will be something special.
    I love your Stitching Santa, he looks amazing finished!
    I hope your knee feels better and won't give you too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete