THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Witches Harvest....(294)

I had a not unwelcome distraction this morning as my granddaughter came by to visit rather than go to her brother's umpteenth baseball game. I have had a little craft project waiting for her and we worked on that first thing.......little mason jar mummies that will light up and glow n the dark.


 Then I gave her a pair of pink scissors and we made her a beaded scissor fob (anything to encourage her to take needle in hand) that matched one I made for myself from a class at the Virginia Guild of Needlewomen. I'd love to share Cora's but we can't find it!!!! Thanks Sally for my flower beads!


 On to stitching....the Stroll piece today is my recent finish from a class last weekend with  Milady's Needle. It is called Witches Harvest and is stitched on 40 count linen over two. We got the black scissors and scissor fob as part of the class.



I got Week 27 of the Blue Sampler Band SAL done last evening and a few more stitches on the ABC piece. Only one more week to go, and Carol is also giving us a bonus chart!


Who does the girl on this chart remind you of??? :) I do have to say I had my hair styled exactly like that when I was in my cousin's wedding in 1967 or 1968.

Hope you're having a great weekend--- thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi








5 comments:

  1. What a terrific craft idea to do with your granddaughter! I think my students would have enjoyed that project. Lovely pink scissor fob, Stasi! How did you attach it to the scissor cap? Your Blue SAL is looking good and as is your Jardin Prive piece. Hmmm, she kind of looks like Marlo Thomas in That Girl. Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I am sure Cora's scissors will show up. Maybe you found them already? I was thinking the exact same thing as Robin. Marlo Thomas in That Girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cora is certainly concentrating on her Mummy project, what a great grandma you are to have a fun project for her to do. I hope her fob shows up!!

    The Witches Harvest came out great, neat to have a black scissor for it too.
    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing now - your Aida girl is most definitely wearing a late-60's flip! Looks like you and your granddaughter had fun being crafty together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your scissor holder spool from class! I got mine finished as well. I also finished the gold work piece the night before last. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Now, I need to finish last year's jamboree projects! ha ha. Love your bee needle minder!

    ReplyDelete