THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Stitch Strolling Away......(274)

How did this happen??? Today is the first of October and the rest of the year will now start "slip sliding away" as we bear down on the holidays....stop the world I want to get off!!! But...it is my favorite time of year and I'm loving the cooler temps, open windows, vibrant blue skies, mums, pumpkins, etc.. Friends recently brought us some of our favorite apple cider from Scholl's Orchards in Bethlehem, PA soon to be simmering in a pot on the stove with spices. 

I've been scrambling this morning trying to line up this month's Stroll pieces, focusing mainly on autumn/Halloween pieces with some 'fill ins' if I can't find enough fall related. First up is another in the Bent Creek series A Pixie for all Seasons Fall. I opted not to stitch the fairies, but instead stitched the little accompanying signs. I change them out seasonally in the same frame and they were done in 1998.


We had a very nice walk this morning and are attending two baseball games this afternoon for Asher. Baseball is his first love but he opted for soccer instead of football as his second sport this fall (boy were we happy with that decision)! Here's a great shot of him in action at the game yesterday.





Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


2 comments:

  1. Love your fall piece, Stasi! You had good weather for the sports activities over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great action shot!! I live in Apple orchard country and love fall for the fresh cider from the orchard's, nothing like it! So nice your friends brought you some. Cute fall pieces!! I like the idea of interchanging for the seasons too.

    ReplyDelete