THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Some Sweet Angels .... and a Jingle Ball to Attend......


 Today our sweet Cora officially becomes a teenager. She's so grown up in her volleyball uniform.


I have a little finish to share....and when I say little, I mean little. It is only 1 1/2 X 2 1/2 inches. It is called Shaker Stocking with Lamb by Bright Needle. I sure do miss that design duo!!! It was stitched, over one, on 29 ct. Glenshee linen with DMC and one NN floss. 

Sorry for hoop marks, but I'm trying to get this post done while in the midst of packing for a short trip. I leave tomorrow to drive to Toana, VA to my friend Lisa's house. Three other ladies are driving down from PA and we will be attending the on line Jingle Ball en masse. We will also be going to the grand opening of a new cross stitch shop in Williamsburg....can't wait! Rain is forecast, but we're hoping to experience the Grand Illumination in Williamsburg too! It will be a fun...and busy...weekend. I'm pulling together Christmas projects to work on after I get this posted.

I also finished the last of the BOAF Christmas angels, so here are all four stitched and waiting to be finished.

This is the fabric for the backing. It's hard to see but there are sparkles!


I hope you all have a great weekend. Let me know if you are going to the Jingle Ball and I'll be on the lookout for you. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

8 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi,

    I'm not attending the Jingle Ball but I will be at Illuminations! Maybe my daughter and I will run into you. :-)

    What is the name of the new cross stitch shop in Williamsburg and where is it going to be?

    Cynthia M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be on the lookout if the rain holds out. The shop is called Liberty Hill Needleworks and the address is: 4854 Longhill Road Suite 8, Williamsburg, VA

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the information on the new shop. I’m looking forward to hearing what you think. :-)

      We will be watching the fireworks if they are held even if it’s raining! lol!

      Cynthia M.

      Delete
  2. Well, a big Happy Birthday to your pretty granddaughter--she is looking so grown up! I just love those tiny Brightneedle stockings. I did one probably 15 years ago--have a few more I'd love to stitch. And your angels are all so sweet, Stasi--really one of my favorite charts ever. That backing fabric is spot on, too. Have a wonderful time with your stitching friends and at the new shop. I'm so jealous. We have nothing nearby at all. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cora is a beautiful girl.
    That tiny stocking is so very cute.
    I also miss Brightneedle designs.
    That's pretty fabric for those Angels.
    I was watching Lady Huzzah & heard about the new shop.
    Have a fun trip, we will be waiting for a full report! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Brightneedle stocking is just the cutest. I love their designs and wish they were still designing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Cora! Your Brightneedle stocking is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you see to stitch that tiny stocking, it so adorable. \Im sure your trip must have been fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete