THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, December 8, 2023

A Jingle of a Weekend......


 I've been busy catching up...putting up the tree and decorating.... after a fun weekend away with stitchy friends. Last Friday afternoon I drove to my friend, Lisa's in Toano, VA for a long weekend with three other friends from PA. Our plan was to attend the Jingle Ball and watch together on a TV. We could not figure out how to "mirror" the internet on the TV and it was not fun if we were all just watching on our own devices. So, we did our own version of the Jingle Ball!!! 

This was our official "check in" photo!

LtoR: Me, Deb, Vickie, Lisa and Janelle

We played games...this is Left, Right, Center played with floss. Vickie was the big winner!!



We gifted!

Gifts top to bottom: Vickie and Janelle, Deb and Lisa. Deb stitched the adorable beekeeper for me on the left...love it!

Janelle and Vickie jointly worked on the project bag and thread catcher


Janelle made this bowl cozy...works perfectly for my morning oatmeal



I gifted a thread catcher and needleminder but forgot to take a photo of the cute little Christmas bracelets



We shopped!!! We went to the grand opening weekend of a great new shop in Williamsburg, Liberty Hill Needleworks......and "stitching 
happiness" it was!!!   More on that to follow another day.


We all had our reindeer ears and official Jingle Ball shirts on

We ate!!! Sadly, I did not take any photos of the food, but we chowed down on pizza, chicken salad and chicken gnocchi soup, Cincinnati chili, Mexican, Greek, breakfast casserole, bagels, eggs and sausage, cookies, candy etc., etc., etc.. Haven't wanted to weigh myself since! LOL

 We toured!!! Christmas in Williamsburg is magical and we walked the whole of Duke of Gloucester Street checking out the beautiful door displays. Sadly we missed the Grand Illumination due to rain. 


And, last but definitely not least....we stitched!!!  I decided to work on a Christmas project and chose this piece by Merry Cox, 'Tis Christmastime'. I managed to get it all stitched except for the outline, which I did when I got home. It's done on 40 ct. Vintage Country Mocha with a combo of GAST, WDW and DMC. It will become a sweet needlebook.



Whew, I am worn out reliving this weekend. We stayed up late, shared stories, packed a lot in and thoroughly enjoyed each others company. Lisa and her hubby, Bob, were the "hosts with the mosts" and treated us royally. It is such a blessing to be able to share our love of stitching...and stash enhancement...with people of similar obsessions. Thank you ladies....and gent...for a fabulous weekend!!! I hope I didn't forget anything! 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

PS I thought I'd share a photo of Jax's visit with Santa this year. I love the expression on Santa!!! Jax...I hope he wasn't too traumatized, but I think we all have a shot like that!!! LOL



5 comments:

  1. I think your version of the Jingle Ball sounds much more fun, Stasi! I love Williamsburg (my parents took us down every spring for many, many years) and I bet it's so pretty at Christmas time. Looks like a wonderful weekend with your friends--great food, great fun, and great fellowship with other stitchers. Love that sweet photo of Jax--too funny. I mean when you truly think about it, Santa is one odd and (a bit) scary looking old man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fantastic time with fellow stitchers!
    Great goodies you've all received.
    Merry Cox has fantastic designs, that will make a pretty needlebook.
    My picture with Santa is similar. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jax! Hope he recovers! It looks like you had an incredible girls weekend at Lisa's. Can't wait to hear about your adventure to the new shop in Williamsburg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Jax! Poor Santa! I cried I laughed so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing weekend Stasi and so many memories, it's no wonder you're shattered recounting it all. xxx

    ReplyDelete