THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Getting in the Snow Season......


 It is finally feeling like fall around here...I am in a flannel shirt and jeans...... weird that I was wearing tee shirts and sandals over the weekend. But, I am much happier now!!!

I said I'd be back with my car stitching.....and I am with a couple pieces I forgot to share earlier. They are all from The Snow Ball by With Thy Needle and Thread. The linen pieces are stitched don 28 ct natural, one over two and the other over one. I used the called for DMC but substituted a silk Gumnuts fiber I had for the turquoise color.

This will be a pincushion.

This will be a scissor fob. This one is a gift, but I will be making another for me. 


The car project was done on 14 ct white perforated paper. I have a little box that I've been searching for just the right design for, and this was it. Stay tuned to see the finish....it may be awhile...lots on my plate right now....and it involves painting. :(

 

 I will be attending the DVHSG retreat in OCMD in a week... and we are having a class with Janice from Noteworthy Needle on Saturday. She has designed a little thimble box for the Guild and it involved pre-stitching. Here is what I have so far.

 

We will be doing the finishing in class, so I hope to come home with a completed box.

To conclude...when Lisa and I were antiquing recently we came across these tiny metal frogs. I had seen somewhere...and I'm sorry but I can't remember where.... that people sat small frog items out when the "frog" came to visit.......just a fun little thought!!!


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

3 comments:

  1. Stasi: The winter scenes with snowmen are adorable, I am looking forward to seeing your class project finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice stitchy projects.
    That Froggy is cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful assortment of snowy pieces, Stasi! I really like the trio on the perforated paper. Your pre-stitch piece is looking good. What a cute frog you found in your adventures. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete