THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Celebration of Birth..........721


 Happy October...I am so happy fall is here. We were up at 6:30 today for a baseball game with a soccer game on board for 2:00 this afternoon. Love the sports in cooler weather!!! Our beloved #5, Brooks Robinson from the Baltimore Orioles passed away this week and I was tickled to see our grandson is wearing #5 this morning. 

 

 I had a productive day of finishing/framing yesterday but, sadly, can't show yet as they are all gifts. I will share as soon as they are received.

I got the grandbaby's birth sampler back from my framer yesterday. Patti Nicolosi does a fantastic job of picking out frames and lacing the pieces. She sends photos via IM, so you can see and have a choice of options. If you are ever in need, her company is By My Hand Needlewerkes and she is on FB. This is Good Things by Birds of a Feather, stitched on 40 ct. Antique sampler linen by VMSS with GAST fibers. I left the original mermaid off to add the baby's birth stats.

 

I started to work again on my Boardwalk Revue. I am doing a mash up of designs on the back side of the  tray insert....a combo of charts by Cissy Bailey Smith, The Victoria Sampler and the original design by Erica Michaels. I'm excited about how it's shaping up. You can see the tail of a little mermaid appearing in the center.
 


Hope you're having a great weekend and enjoying some fabulous weather...perhaps with a little stitching thrown in. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi: The framed Sampler is adorable, I like that you left off the mermaid and did a name replacement.
    Nice idea using multiple designers very ingenious idea.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Birth Sampler is so nice, great frame.
    What a good idea to combine designers.
    Can't wait to see more!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the sporting events go? I know you are enjoying them with the cooler temps. You already know I love the grandbaby's sampler. Your beach piece is looking good. Happy October, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the cutest birth sampler and you chose a wonderful frame. I should really look into using Patti to frame a few things, but I'm not on FB. She certainly does beautiful work. Enjoy your day--it's a sunny, summer-like one up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That frame looks just perfect on the birth sampler Stasi, they are going to be thrilled to receive it, I'm sure.
    Boardwalk Revue is coming along too and I love that you are combining two designers on the piece. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete