THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

A Great Weekend With Like Minded Souls......723-725


 Greetings my friends! I had a wonderful weekend in OCMD with my friends at Salty Yarns. We stitched, we chatted, we ate and we laughed!!! I will talk about that in another post; today I wanted to finally share some gifts I made...now that they've been received.

First up is a house warming gift.....Be a Friend by Needlework Press. It was stitched on 29 ct. cream Glenshee linen, over one,  with Vikki Clayton silks. 

 

 Next was a pair of Halloween themed pieces...a scissor fob and bookmark. These were from the Black Needle Society and I found them on the second hand market. The fob was stitched, over one, on 32 ct. Grey Basalt and White Splash Lugana with DMC floss.

 

The bookmark was stitched on 14 ct. perforated paper with DMC. It reads "Off to my grave for I am dead, place at my side a needle and thread".
 


I think the recipients were both happy and I am glad to be able to post.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts Stasi: You choose such fun and lovely designs to stitch.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great gifts for stitchy friends Stasi!
    That fob is awesome!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts you stitched, finished and gave, Stasi! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching Stasi, especially the 1 over 1. I'm sure that everyone was thrilled to receive their gifts. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete