THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, October 16, 2023

A New Merry Cox Start......


 We had a very nice weekend with a visit from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law from NC. I spent last week doing fall cleaning and preparing for their visit. I was finally able to put in some stitches yesterday. I gifted my Beach Please to them and they were very appreciative. Whew!!!

After watching my friend, Lisa's, floss tube on Merry Cox, I got  motivated to pull out a Merry Cox project. I am going to OCMD this Thursday for some stitcthy fun with friends and we decided to make it a "Merry Cox" weekend. I chose A Young Lady's Workbox and got a start on it here at home.

 

Merry is one of my favorite designers and I've been lucky to take a number of classes with her...sadly, many are sitting idle. This is on 32 ct. Sandstone linen and uses Gloriana and NPI silks. It will all go into a special wooden box...which I have to uncover in my stash. 

I spent today putting all my little "gift" bags together for the ladies and gathering my stitching supplies. As usual, I am taking waaay too much, but you never know, we must be prepared for any possibilty!!! LOL   I haven't been  to Salty Yarns since March, so I am champing at the bit!!! 

Here's hoping you all have a great week! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi


 


5 comments:

  1. Lisa' video was very inspiring and it prompted me to see if I had any Merry Cox designs that I could stitch. I even got the assembly done straight away which is unusual for me. I'm currently in the middle of stitching another. Next time you see her, tell her please I am so grateful for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry has some beautiful pieces.
    Have fun at OCMD!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun few days ahead in Ocean City, Stasi! Better to overpack, I say :) Have a great time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great Merry weekend. I stitched and finished that Merry piece, and have my mom's all stitched to assembly. I think I'll gift to my great niece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm playing my usual Sunday evening catch up and obviously by now you have had your wonderful stitchy weekend. Your Merry Cox project sounds as if it's going to be a fun stitch and I'm sure you'll find your box I still need to track down the box for my Jeanette Douglas sewing box stitch! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete