THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, October 27, 2023

 Greetings! It's that time of year when thoughts turn to Christmas and perhaps stitching a Christmas ornament, or two, or three!!! Do you still get the annual JCS Ornament issue? I keep saying I'm not going to buy it but, I have every issue from the beginning. So, I can't seem to stop!!! I've been disappointed the last few years, but this year has a few I like, so I started one.....Polar Night Sighting by Stitch Sprout. This is a new to me designer; have any of you heard of her? It's the one on the cover with Santa flying across a night sky. Here is where I've landed so far:

I'm stitching on 40 ct. Antique White linen, over two, with called for DMC. It is total coverage!

I saw this little jewelry box somewhere on the web and the poster put her floss bobbins in it for a project. It works great!!!



I also wanted to share these bundles of ribbon I found at Michael's...great deal with 60% off. One is Halloween colors and the other autumn. There were 25 different trims with the Halloween and 50 with the fall. These will be great for finishing!!!


Hope you have a great weekend...gonna be warm here again this weekend.....in the low 80's. I so want to wear my fall clothes!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way as you about the JCS Ornament issue, & I've been getting it since the beginning also.
    That was also my favorite from the issue!
    Those trims are so pretty.
    It's been in the 60's here, but a lot of rain.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice to stitch for an ornament, Stasi! I have all the Christmas ornaments issues. Some years are better than others, but I still want the annual issue. I thought this year's was definitely better than the last one or two years. What a neat container to use for floss! The ribbon/trim bundles you picked up are lovely. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get all the Christmas ornament issues, but haven't for a a few years. Now, I read them online through my library and this year's actually did have a few I might stitch so I may purchase it. Hope you're enjoying your warm weather--crazy for this time of year. It's cooled off a lot here and is raining :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apart from my monthly ornament, I'm not starting Christmas just yet. I agree with what you say about the book. I have a Readly subscription, so get it on there, but I don't think it's something I would go out a buy for myself. I also used to get a paper subscription to The world of Cross Stitch but stopped that a few years back because there was very little in there that I would stitch. I would rather spend my money of a chart I know I really want to stitch. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Stasi: Nice start on Christmas ornament, I have been very disappointed in the Just Cross Stitch ornaments lately, I do know the designers were not paid until a couple years ago, thanks to a designer they are now compensated and better designs now.
    I like the floss box great idea.
    I love buying the trims at Michaels they are worth the price and a great variety of ribbons for finishing.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have already stitched my ornaments for the year. I usually start in July for Christmas in July. I finally stopped subscribing to magazines. I have sooo many I would feel guilty everytime i added in a new one. I do look through them when I shop and if there is something I like I buy it.

    ReplyDelete