THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, October 9, 2023

Boardwalk Revue.......722


 I hope you all had a lovely weekend. The weather here was picture perfect in the end, though rain had been called for. 

I did spend Saturday finishing my Boardwalk Revue and am so pleased with the result. This was an Erica Michaels class piece from the 2020 Jamboree at Salty Yarns in Ocean City, MD. I changed things up a bit by adding a quote from Cissy Bailey Smith and the section of Mermaids from a Victoria Sampler chart...please see my previous post for more about this. 

This was stitched on 32 ct Country Mocha Belfast ( I changed from the called for 32 ct WDW Parchment) since I thought it looked more "beachy". I used the called for colors for the Erica Michaels part and a combo of CC and DMC for the Victoria Sampler section. I added the crab charm on the front. This is meant to lay in a navy wooden tray which was included with our class. The corner gauge is a replica of the Lankford Hotel and the ruler and thread winder were part of our class that weekend with Fern Ridge.


 

 The scissor fob below was our Fern Ridge class, I have showed this before, but now it can reside in it's permanent 'home'.


Check out the flip flops and bike to ride up and down the boardwalk

 Yesterday I had the unexpected pleasure of spending the day stitching with my friend, Lisa (Lady Huzzah Presents), and her visiting guest, Sylvia (Running with Needles and Scissors). We had a great day stitching and chatting and I was able to finish the stitching on the strawberry piece that accompanies the Boardwalk Revue. 

 

 Wishing you a great week with lots of stitchy time! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish, Stasi! It sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday stitching and chatting with friends. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stasi, your finish is beautiful. I know it was a kit but the colours of the tray and everything go so well together. And that fob........I'm lost for words, it's stunning! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful finishes. They are both very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Stasi: It turned out perfect, and a strawberry to go with it a grand idea.
    the scissor fob is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out awesome Stasi!
    What a great project.
    How fun that you got to spend time with Lisa & Sylvia.
    The weather here is nice & cool, & we also expect rain by the weekend, which we need badly,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is such a stunning finish, Stasi. You did a wonderful job on what appears (to me anyway!) to be a complicated finish :)

    ReplyDelete