THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, October 5, 2023

We're Having a Picnic at the Beach...........

I am so tickled with how my Boardwalk Revue turned out...I can't wait to share it! There was a large blank area on the back side of the hotel section that was begging for something to be stitched. 


So, as I mentioned earlier, I did a little 'mash up' of three different designers....Erica Michaels, who designed the original project for Salty Yarns, The Victoria Sampler and Cissy Bailey Smith of Gentle Pursuits Designs. 


 Here is how it breaks down:

*The Lankford Hotel portion and fish at bottom are from the Erica Michaels design

*The wording is from Salty Yarns-Mermaid Moon by Cissy Bailey Smith It says " All the mermaids wish that they could come to Salty Yarns and Play"

* The mermaid picnic is A Day at the Beach Sampler by The Victoria Sampler

It was amazing how this all came together perfectly. The original design was 96 stitches across and guess what.....the mermaid section was the exact same count...meant to be you say!!!

I did change the fabric from 32 ct. WDW Parchment to 32 ct. Mocha Belfast. I also changed up the colors in the Victoria Sampler design to better fit the original colorway.

This piece is meant to go in a wooden tray and I think I'm going to plan to stay home and do the finishing this Saturday. There is a companion piece strawberry, which I will try to get to as soon as I can. I also plan to incorporate a piece by The Purple Thread that features the Lankford Hotel...just not sure if it will be used in this finish or be a stand alone addition to the set.  Hmmmmm..still more to contemplate!

This was such a fun stitch and will be a perfect memento of my many stays at the Lankford Hotel in OCMD. 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


 

5 comments:

  1. What a great piece with great memories for you.
    It turned out so nice, great idea,
    Mariyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it fell into place, I say it was meant to be! It looks incredible and I can't wait to see it in finished form. Happy Friday, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would never guess from looking at it that its a mash-up of three different charts Stasi, it looks just like it was designed that way. It's beautiful! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I finally figured out how to comment easily on your blog--I have to use Chrome! Firefox will now allow me to for some weird reason?!?!

    Anyways, WOW! This turned out so beautifully, Stasi. I never would have thought of a combination like that. Well done in every way! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stasi: It came out perfect, the mash up in a great idea that worked.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete