THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

A Little Antiquing on the Way Up and Back.........

 

My friend, Lisa, and I left early on Thursday morning for our drive to OCMD. What should have been about a 3 -3 1/2 hour drive turned into an 8 hour drive as we shopped along the way.......and yes, we did take a lunch break. 

Here are the treasures I found that made their way home with me. Lisa and I have a pact that whoever sees something first gets first dibbies!!! LOL

A sweet little chair...about 15" tall. I was debating and Lisa said how she has hung them on a wall and displayed things on the seat....stitched drums immediately came to mind.

A Chinese sewing basket, some milk bottle lids (which will become thread drops), a glass thimble and a ceramic flower frog....green, of course!

Some strawberries (these came in small strawberry basket that I passed on to Lisa) and some pewter napkin rings....future pincushions perhaps?

A lovely caned foot stool.  

This was from Michaels...60% off...ideas are forming in my head!!!  

Now, Lisa got the deal of the century on a Martha Washington sewing cabinet. She bought it on the way but we didn't have room in the car at that point. So they held it and we picked it up on the way back. There is a story to go along with this but I don't want to steal Lisa's thunder. I'm sure she'll talk about it on her next floss tube, Lady Huzzah Presents, so check it out if you are interested. If you don't watch FT, I''ll post something here after I know she's shared something. I had seen the cabinet first and she was very happy that I already have my grandmothers.

I'll be back with some pics of our time at Salty Yarns soon. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 
 

7 comments:

  1. ooOoo! You did very well antiquing! :) Love that little chair! Madeleine recently found a tiny, little chair at an antique mall. I love it so much, Emerson is making me a replica. Can't wait to see you create with all these goodies.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful treasures you found along the way! I love the little foot stool and the sewing basket. Never thought to hang little chairs on the wall to use as shelves but I will think about it now when I see one.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so jealous. I love to shop and thrift but I shouldn't, as I need to downsize what I already have. So I'll live vicariously through your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both you & Lisa got dome great finds!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What finds you found along the way, Stasi! That little chair is darling and I am glad you mentioned its size because in my eye, it looks bigger than 15". It sounded like you and Lisa had a wonderful excursion to OCMD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing your finds, Stasi! I can see why the trip took you so long. I especially love the small chair. I have a very similar sewing basket that belonged to my grandmother, but it's a double decker one :) Looking forward to how you put that Michael's find to use! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you found some wonderful treasures before you even made it to Salty Yarns! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete