THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Post a Day November #9 Strolling (617-618)

 

 I apologize for the loooong break between posts....it may have been longer but I have one of my granddaughters here for virtual school and thought I'd knock this out while I was watching her. One of her classmates tested positive for Covid last week and she has to stay home all this week. 

I have a ton to share, so buckle up buttercup and let's get this show on the road!!!

I'll start with two totally finished pieces that are officially being added to my Stroll. For those that don't know...or remember...I add finally finished pieces to what I call Stasi's Stitch Stroll. It's been a great way to keep track of my needlework projects...though scary when I see how many I've done.

First up is The Philanthropic Pumpkin by Hands on Design. This was a limited kit and will not ever be released; I was lucky enough to have a friend snag one for me. It was stitched as called for and, as usual, Cathy's finishing instructions were superb. I did have trouble with the stem...it took me three times to get it looking decent; it kept unwrapping while I tried to sew it to the top of the pumpkin. Persistence paid off however!


 The other finish is My November ornament for the SAL I'm doing on IG. It is Reindeer and Friends by Twin Peak Primitives. This was a freebie chart and I stitched it on 56 ct. Vintage Sand Dune, over two. I left off some of the critters and added the Lady Dot pom-pom trim.


I went to two back to back stitching events in October, Salty Yarns' Jamboree and the DVHSG retreat, both held in Ocean City, MD. The first weekend consisted of classes with three wonderful teachers who provided us with three fabulous classes. The teachers were
Cissy Bailey Smith, Catherine Theron and Linda Vinson. Here are the three class pieces:

We are always so spoiled at Salty Yarns and this year was no exception. Here are our goodie bags and class "gifts" for Jamboree:

Retreat Goodie Bag..all came in the green mesh bag

Class gifts including a $20 gift card    

 This was our goodie bag from the DVHSG (Delaware Valley Historical Sampler Guild) retreat:

Sara's husband made us all a spool for the finish

Of course I managed some stash enhancement:


A trip was made to Serendipity, a wonderful quilt shop up the road into Delaware. They had this sweet book with tiny felt ornaments I had to buy...along with some tiny felted wool squares.


 I got a lot of stitching done the week between the two events and it was so re-energizng and fulfilling to share/chat with fellow needlewomen, unencumbered by the usual responsibilities at home. 

These were the two projects I worked on that week:

Patriotic Needlebook by Carolyn Meacham

Autumn on the Delaware by The Purple Thread

I tried to walk most mornings and was rewarded with this glorious sunrise:


 All good things must come to an end and it was back to reality...though my stitching continued! I've started some Christmas gift stitching and managed to squeak in a couple pieces for fun.

Making 4 of the hats for grandkids Jingle Berry by Erica Michaels

Button Up by Prairie Schooler for my grand nephew's first Christmas

OCSG Sampler Tree by Hello from Liz Matthews

Tomato..a freebie from Lila's Studio

Then there was this.....I got caught up in the great floss drop trade on IG and had some business cards made up to use as floss drops. I used images from my Regal Bee by Theresa Baird and have started slowly  trading with others. I was definitely late to the party, so it's been a little hard stirring up some trades. If anybody out there is interested, please let me know.


 Thanks for sticking with me...I tried to be succinct and just "stick to the facts, Mam". I hope you enjoyed all the photos and I'll be back tomorrow for my daily November post...be assured, it won't be long! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

 



 


 

 

6 comments:

  1. The Philanthropic Pumpkin is great! What makes the stem stand up? The Patriotic Needlebook has really come along and looks wonderful. I love that sampler tree so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patriotic needlebook looks awesome. As do all of your finishes as usual. Great blogging so far. Love to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super post to view and read this morning, Stasi! Your projects are so cool, each and every one. Glad you had a fabulous time in OCMD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your November ornament is darling, Stasi! I saw the book that Twin Peak Primitives shared on IG this morning--they sure have some cute ornaments in it! Not sure if I will give in and buy it yet or not.

    Your pumpkin is so cute and the finish looks great. So glad you were able to spend time at the retreat with your stitching friends--it is so good to be with others who share your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stasi, I'm so glad you had a fabulous respite at SY--well-deserved! And you certainly made great use of your time. I can just imagine the laughs and goodwill that went with your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The retreats must be so much fun, what a way to start your day, the sunrise is spectacular! As always, you get so much done! Glad you got a pumpkin, it's darling. Love the cute reindeer, the patriotic notebook will be stunning. I love Liz Matthew's trees, this one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete