THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, November 12, 2021

Post a Day in November #12

 


 

 TGIF...the weekend is upon us! Though I do have to admit that now that I'm retired, the weekend tends to blend into the rest of the week.

Today I'm going to share an idea I had seen on FB and put into practice when I attended the retreats in October. It worked perfectly for when you don't have a table to work at, but are sitting in a chair, as we do in the lobby of The Lankford Hotel. I found it at Home Goods but have also seen it at TJ Maxx and/or Marshalls. And, I'm sure you could find a similar one elsewhere. So it's a lap stand by Rae Dunn...the kind with a bean bag type bottom, not one on 'legs'! It has an elastic band in the top left hand corner that you can slip a Halo lamp under and it holds it in place. I added a magnet to hold my scissors and a washer to hold a needle minder to the top right hand corner. Your chart can sit on the surface  with or without a magnetic board under it. I need a lamp and magnification; this was an easy solution.

 

 



 





 

Hope you have a great weekend! I'm doing a short day trip tomorrow, with a friend, to a fairly new cross stitch shop in Brookneal, VA. They are having a holiday open house tomorrow and I thought it would be fun to check them out and support them in their endeavor. I'll let you know how it is....

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


7 comments:

  1. Love your lap stand. I have a wooden tray that I use on our table to place my Ott light and K's Creation lapstand on. It raises it up higher so it does not bump Henry in the head while he naps on my lap. That is it's only purpose! I did not need it with our old dining room table, but with our current kitchen table, it is lower. It is also over 100 years old. They made them different back then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome share/tip, Stasi! Hope you have a good outing over to Brookneal and Whitley's shop tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lap stand does look very helpful, Stasi! It's cute, too :) Sounds like a fun trip to the cross stitch store. I hope they can make a go of it--so many stores have closed. We've had none at all up here for almost five years :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I'm going to give that a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very cool gadget!
    Have fun at the new shop.
    Yes, when you are retired, every day is Saturday! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lap stand looks very handy, I can see breakfast in bed on it!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stasi, great idea! Thank-you for sharing this. That would be helpful anywhere!

    ReplyDelete