THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Post a Day in November #13


 I am late posting this as I had a little day trip with a friend today. We traveled about 2 hours to a fairly new cross stitch shop (heard they opened in August), Southern Stitchers, in Brookneal VA. It was a really cute shop, not a whole lot of inventory, but what she had was well chosen. I had no trouble adding to my stash!

 

Then we did a little antiquing in town and I got this. Sorry pictures are dark, but it's night time now and I forgot to set to flash. That's a mini muffin tin in the upper left hand corner and a doorknob below it. The first aid kit is not old and I think may make a cute "stitch" aid kit.

 


We then drove to Farmville, VA to the Amish store where I got bean soup mix for hubby and sandwiches for dinner. 

It was a long day but such fun!!! Now to put my feet up, relax and stitch a bit!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. What a successful, fun day you had! I look forward to seeing this stitch aid kit you want to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great stash!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to stitching shops, I got to go to one in Cape May a few weeks ago, packed to the brim with patterns but I had my non stitcher sister with me, so bought a few things and left. Can't wait to see what you do with the first aid kit! I'm guessing a mount on the muffin tin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good outing, Stasi! You picked up some neat things from Whitley's shop and then from the antique hunt. How far is Farmville from you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be wonderful to go to real live cross stitch shops--nice new stash you accumulated, too, Stasi! I love the first aid kit even if it isn't old :)

    ReplyDelete