THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, July 14, 2017

A Summer Pixie.....(195)

Today's stroll piece is from Bent Creek, stitched in 1998. There were a series of four seasonal charts called A Pixie for all Seasons....this is the summer one. There was an actual "pixie' design and a "saying"; I did the sayings only and change them out every season.


I got a little more done on the Schoolhouse piece, but not much. I am substituting fibers and started to do the roof in a dark brown, similar to DMC 3371, but it was too dark. So, I had to take out about 4 rows of the over one...yea I know...not easy....and switched to a grey. I like it much better!






I'm hoping to get some errands run this morning and then sit all afternoon with my foot propped up and ice on it. I had a little mishap a week ago but didn't think much of it. It didn't really hurt, just a little tender to the touch.  But as the week progressed (and I didn't stay off it) the top of my foot has become totally bruised! So, me thinks it's time for a little "babying"......any excuse to sit and stitch you know!!! :)

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Stasi, your foot sounds sore, what happened in the little mishap?! Somehow my mishaps seem to always involve a toe and a table leg :( stitching and ice are called for this entire weekend, except for fetching yourself the occasional refreshment lol. Seriously though, do take it easy ♥️
    Your pixie seasonal, and the frame with your change out idea...brilliant! The whole piece is so fun!
    Your Schoolhouse progress is perfect, can't wait to see more :)
    Have a good weekend...sending hugs for your booboo

    ReplyDelete
  2. House construction is looking good, Stasi. I am sorry though that you had to frog out the roof. I really like today's stroll piece. I don't remember that series though so off to look and see if I can find it. Sorry to read of your foot mishap; I hope it is on the mend soon. Have a relaxing weekend with your foot up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope icing and relaxing works to fix your foot Stasi.
    Did you see this?http://e-subrosa.blogspot.com/2017/07/queen-bees-crowns.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changing out the Bent Creek seasonal piece is such a great idea.
    Frogging out over one takes twice the time to stitch it but the new color looks great.
    Hope your foot is much better and a little loving tender care and rest takes care of it. Happy Stitching! Mary&RJ

    ReplyDelete