THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A cute Pair....(192)

Strolling today is a cute pair of hand towel I stitched back in 1992. I'm pretty sure they were in a magazine but didn't keep track back then. 




I remember being concerned that the towels wouldn't hold up well through many washings and wondering if it was worth the effort to make them. I'm posting a photo of the back today...looks as good as the day it came off the needle! I guess I did a good job burying all those threads! LOL 


 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your towels, Stassi! The designs are really fun, and they sure look great having been stitched in 1992...which is the same year that my youngest, Ian was born LOL. The floss is as bright as new!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking towels, Stasi! They have held up over the years. How do you wash them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The towels are great - fun patriotic design. And your thread tail burying is marvelous to still look so good all these years later. Those bears look similar to some designs from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine around that time (said she who stitched several CS&CC bear designs)...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patriotic bears are adorable! I agree that they may have been in the CS&CC magazine.

    ReplyDelete