THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023...Ending With a New Start.......


 I'm stopping by with a quick post to end the year. I should be organizing my craft room.....it's in a state of total disarray, but I just don't "feel" like it. So, instead, I started a new project last night. I recently joined the Sampler Guild of the Rockies and they showcase a few "challenge" pieces you can elect to stitch and complete by September 2024. I think there were 6 to choose from and I've had my eye on the one I picked for awhile. It is Live on Little by Plum Street Samplers. I'm doing it on 45 count Legacy linen so it will be on the smaller side. I have not done a lot on the 45/46 count linen but am not finding it too difficult...unless I meet an overly thick...or thin thread. I'm using the called for fibers, a mix of WDW, CC and DMC. I started in the upper right hand corner and this is what I accomplished last night. we're getting ready to watch the Ravens game, so I will work more on it then.


Tomorrow I will be starting a "blessing" sampler that I will work on during the month of January. I had seen the info about this on a FB page ad thought it sounded fun. You pick a piece, not necessarily a sampler, and start it on January 1st. Your aim is to finish by January 31st and blessings will come to you. The only requirement is that it has to have a stitch count of 100 in one direction. I chose to do Amy Mitten's Forgery #17 - Rachel Hallowell.   I'm doing it on a 32 ct. mystery linen with Amy's fibers that came with the chart....my kind of colors!!! 


I forgot to share on of the gifts my friend Lisa gave me....isn't this little guy precious???


I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year, be it celebrating out with friends/family or relaxing at home and watching the ball drop. We are ordering Chinese for dinner and hoping to find a good movie to watch...low key....right up my alley! May you have a happy, healthy and joy filled new year doing what you love with those you love. I'm praying for a peaceful 2024 here and around the world. We need to embrace the Beatles song lyrics and practice "All You Need is Love"!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi: Nice choices I am looking forward to seeing your progress.
    I agree we all need love.
    The Teddy bear is adorable, you are Blessed.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Boyd's Bear you were given, Stasi! Lovely start and lovely choice on your January 1st/blessings project. Wishing you a wonderful 2024 filled with good times, friends, and stitching/crafting. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great starts for the new year.
    That Bear is soooooo cute!
    Our new year was kind of loud with the GK's here!
    We both fell asleep yesterday!
    Happy New Year Stasi!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! 45ct for your new PSS piece! That will be amazing, Stasi! Do you do full crosses or tent stitch on that count? I've worked on it once or twice and think I did full cross stitches, but can't remember! Love the sweet bear. I have a similar one that was my mom's that sits on my nightstand (or sometimes finds its way in bed with me if I'm having trouble sleeping--ha ha!). Enjoy your first weekend of the new year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know where I've been hiding because I've never heard of a blessings sampler. It sounds like I wonderful idea though, so may be next year I'll join in. Your choice of starts for this and your guild project are going to be beautiful!
    I know I've said it before, but Happy New Year. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're off to a great start for the new year! I'm with you about not feeling it about cleaning up your craft room, mine is a hot mess.
    Sweet bear, a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete