THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, December 21, 2023

We're Getting Closer.....


 Greetings!!! I wasn't sure I'd have time to do another post, but I have a little window of opportunity right now. The girl grands are on their way over to spend the night and drive with hubby to pick up my parents tomorrow morning. I was surprised they wanted to go as he plans to leave at 0'dark thirty!!! I'm sure they will sleep in the car. Tomorrow I'll be doing all the grocery shopping for the holiday meals. Cookies are baked and stored, gifts wrapped and house prepared. 

I have managed to get some stitching done in the evenings where I didn't pass out. I just have the nun stitch to finish around the edge........A Young Lady's Workbox by Merry Cox. All that's left to stitch is a needle page. 


I forgot to show you these antique doorknobs I found last Saturday. I plan to use as a base for some Liz Matthews trees. 


That's it for today. If I don't make it back before Christmas, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, full of good times, good food and good company. 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that your granddaughters wanted to go with your husband to pick up your parents, Stasi. I'm glad he'll have company--that is a long drive! I'm the same--barely able to stitch for even an hour as I'm so tired. But, I'm just about there--a bit of cleaning tomorrow before folks start arriving and then I can enjoy. Can't wait to see what you do with those doorknobs! Merry Christmas to you and your family ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the grandgirls taking the trip with your husband! Those doorknobs look like they have stories to tell. Pretty piece you have been working on. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Merry Cox piece is so pretty.
    Yes, those doorknobs will make great stands for your trees, great idea!
    Wishing you & your family a wonderful Christmas!
    Have fun!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete