THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

The Final Countdown.......738-739

 thi

 It's 6 days until Christmas and preparations are in full gear! Two kinds of cookies on the agenda today.....one down (Saltine Cracker English Toffee)..... one to go (Pecan Tassies). I happened to have the ingredient for these on hand....grocery store tomorrow for more supplies.

I wanted to share some recent gifts I received , some for my birthday and some for Christmas. My friend Lisa and I had a little stitchy get together yesterday. She gifted me this for my birthday:

A sweet needlebook from Fern Ridge, pair of fall scissors and a packet of Bohin needles

Front and back of needlebook (check out all these cute tiny bees)

Inside of needlebook
And this for Christmas:

A sweet little shaker basket with the scissors and fob in it...and a locket for the 'queen bee'

Yes, that stitched piece is mounted in a walnut shell

Some stump work berries

I am in awe of the stitching and finishing on these gifts....such detail...and LOVE them all. Thanks my friend!

Next, are two gifts I received from followers of my blog. Carol sent me the PS Santa, stitched over one on black fabric with a package of green pop-pom trim. I am thrilled to have one of  Carol's "signature" Santas! Marilyn made me this adorable ice skater, which brings back many fond memories of my childhood skating at Memorial stadium and on the canals/river near my Aunt and Uncle. Of course, I did not look near as cute as this sweet girl!!!


I can now share some of my stitched gifts, since they have been received. I sent Carol an ornament that screamed her name....literally!!! It's bt Mani di Donna, worked on 40 ct. Sandstone with DMC.


Sorry so dark...

This is the finished teeny stocking I made for Lisa.....Shaker Stocking w. Lamb by Bright Needle with Anchor, DMC and Needle Necessities fibers.


I made some itty, bitty cording and played with adding a bow or charm but, in the end, I liked the "shaker" simplicity.

More of my gifts will follow, but I need to wait until they are all received and opened...don't want to spoil it for anyone.

We will be having a special little guy for Christmas and I bought him this:


I wish I had been aware of this when my other grands were toddlers..it's so cute!!!

Hope you have things under control for the holidays---take time to enjoy!!! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

Stasi




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gifts Stasi, both given and received. I am in awe of the tiny Shaker carrier from Lisa and the locket, must have a look for one of those. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be finishing my baking today.
    What great gifts you gave & received.
    That Necklace is awesome!
    The little Christmas toy is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful assortment of gifts (birthday and Christmas) you have received, Stasi! Love the tree you picked up for Jax. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful gifts you received! Love that needlebook! And that little basket! I knew that was Carol's ornament. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful given and received Stasi. I especially love the walnut shell it's so sweet . I received my little gift and card this morning, thank you so much . There is something winging it's way to you but it doesn't appear it has arrived yet. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made so many folks very happy with your beautiful gifts this year, Stasi! sure love those sweet carolers--thank you again! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely gifts you received, they are ALL adorable!
    The ones you sent are sweet too.
    Cute toy, I hope he loved it.

    ReplyDelete