THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, December 11, 2023

They Say it's Your Birthday; Well it's My Birthday Too, Yea ............

 


I couldn't resist the Beatle song reference.......yes, today is my birthday. I am starting my 72nd spin around the sun and find it so hard to believe!!!  I am not going to say much more than that about it, time is a-wasting!!! Except......I  woke up to a light dusting of snow last night and Rich whispered in my ear that it was for my birthday.

We had my birthday dinner at my daughters last night and her family gave me an advent calendar of teas, a "tea" shirt and a year of home made scones...4 each month for  year delivered to my door. I really can't wait for this to begin...I love scones!!!


I received some lovely gifts from my friend, Robin, and wanted to share them. I feel so spoiled!!! She stitched the sweet bee and had it made into a needle book...love, love, love!!! The other goodies will all be put to good use Robin! Thanks so much for thinking of me..it is much appreciated.


And, I couldn't wait to open the Christmas gift, and it is hanging proudly on my tree.



Thanks again, Robin!

I also received two unexpected holiday gifts from Guilds I belong to. The first is from the Western Reserve Sampler Guild...... a thread catcher highlighting the state of OH. This will be a lovely  remembrance of my 15 years living in OH.



Then I received this from the Sampler Guild of the Rockies:

I will be enjoying these Christmas Eve and Christmas morning as the tea bags denote. 

Even though I can't attend these Guilds in person, it's a new way to reach out to other stitchers and feel part of the larger needlework community. I am so thankful the zoom meetings have continued after Covid.

On a disappointing note, I've been participating in a "secret stitcher" exchange with the DVHSG. We're supposed to send something to our secret person 4-5 times a year and reveal ourselves next September. I received the above envelope in the mail 2 months after it was posted. It had been opened and whatever was inside was removed and just the card was left. I felt terrible I hadn't acknowledged my person on FB, which we are asked to do, and hoped they didn't think I was ungrateful. What is up with the USPS these days????


Rich is taking me to the movies this afternoon, then out for dinner...a very quiet low key celebration....just the way I like it. 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



17 comments:

  1. A very Blessed Birthday to you Stasi... My the 73rd trip around be
    filled with good health, joy, peace and all the things for which you hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....I'm only on my 72nd trip around the sun and appreciate your well wishes. :)

      Delete
    2. You have completed your 72nd year and are commencing
      your 73rd. Your birthday marks the completion of a round....
      Someone once apprised me of this shocking news and I
      never fully got over it... Sorry about that LOL....

      Delete
    3. I just turned 71...please don't make me older than I am!!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Staci! Best wishes for a wonderful year ahead! Jeannae from NH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! So sorry your package was opened. Terrible thing to do ☹️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! So sorry about what happened to your Secret Stitcher package. I don’t understand how people can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy Birthday Stasi and many many more!! You got some wonderful goodies there... I'm sure you'll treasure them... as for the opened package...well a few choice words come to my mind... but I'll leave them there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Stasi. So sorry that your exchange gift was stolen, I hope the giver is someone who reads your blog and can see what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Stasi!!
    I'm 1 month ahead of you! :)
    What cute gifts you received, love the scone idea.
    Hope you had a nice dinner.
    I also like a quiet time out for my BDay.
    How awful of someone to steal your gift, why even bother sending the rest?
    We mail our neighbors mail to them in FL, they winter there.
    They sent us a pic, it was all ripped open!
    It wasn't a thick pkg, & it even had tape on the sides.
    You wonder what goes on at the P.O.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry I missed your birthday my friend. Happy Birthday! And you got your snow! Even if it only lasted a bit. What a lovely birthday you had! I am sad someone stole your gift. Maggee sent me a package months ago and it is taking a grand tour of the midwest! We are looking at tracking and shaking our heads! Unreal. WHAT is going on??

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear you had a marvelous birthday and my wish that it continues throughout the year. Love your tea shirt! Enjoy your year of scones! I am sorry your exchange package was opened and the goodies removed. Glad you enjoyed/are enjoying your birthday and Christmas goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry that I missed your birthday Stasi, but it sounds as if you had a wonderful day. It's unbelievable that someone would take your gift and I how whoever it was has a terrible feeling of guilt. Our post is in a mess too. They send a text and photo saying they left your parcel on the doorstep, but it's someone elses, not mine. Makes me so angry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to be late with your birthday greetings, Stasi (I was away on your birthday visiting a certain little boy :) . It looks like you were thoroughly spoiled--lovely gifts from Robin and such a cute ornament, too. That is just rotten that someone took the contents of the envelope. I still don't know what happened to a baby gift that I sent locally. It was gift cards and I never heard a word from the family and am finding it too awkward to ask if they ever received the envelope. I've heard all sorts of horror stories about people stealing from the mail so it wouldn't surprise me if it was stolen. Hope my package arrives for you--have to tell you a story about my mailing of it. Oh brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. See what happens when I'm behind on blog reading, I missed your birthday. It sounded, and looked like you had a wonderful day! So Happy (very belated) Birthday!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your lost exchange. My Dad sent cards out for Christmas and a couple people only got the envelope, no card and photos he sent. Bring on the scotch tape from now on!

    ReplyDelete