THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

A Blessing Sampler Started........


 I started my blessing sampler on 1/1/24 and it is moving along nicely...I already have 8 letters stitched. It is Rachell Hallowell and I'm doing it on a 32 ct mystery linen I had in my stash. The colors are showing up brighter than anticipated (I am using what Amy Mitten supplied) but I'm going with them as I'm thinking this is a reproduction and Amy picked out colors to match. However, I think I am leaning toward a dye bath at the end to tone things down a bit....we shall see! It's pretty, but I wanted it to look old.


It's interesting that she mixed the letters all up; I'd love to know why!!!

Hope your New Year is off to a good start and projects are being considered.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stasi: I like the style of the alphabet, I am looking forward to seeing the dye you do on it, I prefer a vintage look myself.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be so pretty.
    I have a few WIPS I'd like to finish before I start a new project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely start on your blessing sampler, Stasi! I would love to know the reasoning behind the out of order letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those letters are so pretty and unusual, Stasi--a lovely start for your blessing sampler! Can't quite figure out the order of the letters... let us know if you learn anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a very quirky sampler Stasi and I love how the letters are all mixed up. The colours are so pretty too. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete