THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Tea Time Basket....(327)

I want to thank all those who gave suggestions/ideas for my switch plate issue; I did a little googling yesterday and found a birdhouse switch plate cover from Marjolein Bastin, but am also going to think about a 3-D birdhouse to disguise it. It will probably be put on a back burner for now; I've got a lot going with the holidays looming.

I'm a lover of hot tea...black tea with cream and sugar (though I tend to use honey nowadays) please! So today's Stroll piece definitely lured me in!!! It was an online class with the Shining Needle Society in 2012. The project is Teatime Basket by Barbara Jackson. You had the option to get just the chart/instructions, chart/instructions and materials, or charts/instructions, materials and basket. I went 'all in' so I knew I'd have a basket that fit the stitching.  I did my best to photograph it, working my way around the banding. Enjoy!









Scissor fob, tea cup pincushion and tin box

 Wishing you a relaxing Sunday with a 'cuppa' your choice of beverage. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful finish and set! I really like the style of that basket. Enjoy your day, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi, Another of your finishes that have become a "favorite" of mine...I love the basket, the little sayings on the band, the fabric used to line it, the little pincushion and scissor holder on the opposite side. Everything about this project oozes charm!! Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The holidays have put me way behind in my blog reading. Love this basket project. Great job! I too have that tea cup pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete