THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, November 20, 2017

Her Necessaire...(328)

Happy Thanksgiving week.....and before things get too busy, I want to tell you how thankful I am for you taking the time, out of your own busy schedules, to read my blog. A special thanks to those who comment, because it is you who have kept me going this past year. There have been times when I felt like ending the Stroll (it's been much more time consuming than I had anticipated) but then I see the comments and so enjoy the "give and take" between we lovers of needlework. I have made new friends along the way and although we may never "meet" in person, we have made "connections" that are special to me. So thank you one and all; may you have a blessed Thanksgiving full of family love, scrumptious meals, and a side dish of some stitching!

Today's Stroll piece is another Merry Cox class taken in 2006 called Her Necessaire. I just love the colors in this especially the silk fabric with the tiny "checks". The 'book' slides down into the bag with the mounted stitching....Merry is a wonder!!!







Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. What a unique and beautiful piece, Stasi! I really like the colors in this one as well. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is wonderful Stasi. Those ruffles! Just love them.And the flowers are super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved this piece and wish I could have taken the class from Merry. You did a superb job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so good Stasi. I really love this piece. I think it might be one of my very favorites. It is such a gorgeous piece. Those ruffles...be still my heart! RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous! Your finishing is impeccable - the gathered detail on each side of the main stitching piece, the interior ... everything!

    I'm so thankful to have "met" you this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness!!! Yet another stunner, Merry Cox was such a talented designer and your such a talented stitcher and finisher to complete these detailed projects. This is yet another favorite. I love the colors and the fabric used to make the book. And, the pretty lady was stitched twice!! Such a charming project.

    Anything worthwhile takes much more time than we expect it to and I'm so glad you never ended the stroll, I look forward to your projects each day and your stitching friendship.
    A Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Mary

    ReplyDelete