THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, November 6, 2017

A Little Late to the Party..... (314)

Over  the weekend I was organizing my sewing room and trying to empty out some final boxes from our move...over a year ago. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but...... the two Halloween pillows I had been maniacally searching for!!! So, I am going to share one today and one tomorrow or they may slip back into the abyss. 

For today I have Scaredy Cat by Ewe and Eye and Friends, stitched in 1997. Originally, I had appliqued this to the back of a black felted wool vest I had made. But since I'm not a big vest 'wearer', I re-purposed into a pillow. To give you an idea of size, the stitched square is 8 X 8 and the overall pillow size is 11 X 16.


Now to put them someplace I'll remember for next Halloween!  Hope you're off to a good week!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

4 comments:

  1. Sweet pillow! I like the plaid/checked fabric with the black cat you used. How do you store your seasonal stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow did you ever find the most perfect fabric for your pillow. It could not be more perfect for that darling stitch Rj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with RJ 100%, that fabric is perfect for the stitch!! I'm glad you found them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun design! And what perfect fabric for the pillow finish!

    ReplyDelete