THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Still Strolling Through September.....(256)

I am not feeling very "chatty" today so I'm going to get right down to business. Today's Stroll piece is September, from the Shepherd's Bush Fold series in 2001. This is the only horizontal design in the series so I just turn the frame on it's side....works perfect!


I was able to complete the four designs for September for the Samsarah calendar...been working on them all summer whenever we're traveling in the car. I have to admit I'm growing weary of the checkerboard border and am anxious to get the last three months off my plate. I looked back over my stitch "diary" and it seems I get 3 months of these done a year, so hopefully by next December I can have the complete set done. This is a fun, bright and colorful project done on perforated paper....not my usual choice for stitching...but one of the few things I can stitch on in the car and not start to feel nauseous. Not sure what I'll do when this is finished, but am going to have to search out some ideas because I can't stand riding in the car with nothing to do. It's also been great for using up my LE Sampler Threads; I've been doing a lot of substituting while still trying to stick with the original colorways. (Guess I'm feeling more "chatty" than I thought!)


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. September is neat -- like the little flag and the books on the shelf. Good for you on getting the September calendar pieces stitched, Stasi! Hmmm, what about stitching up a bunch of sled ornaments on perforated paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SB piece is adorable. The calendar pieces look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading and thinking, Not chatty?? I love the SB piece and the frame is perfect for it. I have to sit in the front seat and look straight ahead, I get car sick so easily, so I'm envious of people that can read or stitch in the car. I am curious as to how you are going to finish the Sept pieces? They are cute.

    ReplyDelete