THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, September 18, 2017

A Beehive Needleroll....(261)

I made an unexpected visit to Duke University's gardens yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! The summer season's bounty was winding down but the flowers at the terraced gardens were still superb. I saw what were, to me, a number of new/different plants. Here are a few photos!

Never had seen such large lily pads

this leaf was black

The colors were so much more vibrant in person

Loved how these grew long the stem
 On to my Strolling.....today's piece is, because we saw lots of bees yesterday, Beehive Roll from Shepherd's Bush.

center

left side

right side
Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. Lovely bee needleroll you created, Stasi! What super nature photos you shared; I have never seen lily pads that huge before. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love that giant black elephant ear! Cool. Nice stroll piece Stasi. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi, I spent the day yesterday at Stone Gardens in Cold Spring, NY taking photos of the gorgeous flowers. I always look for Gardens to visit when we travel. I'll add Duke to my list!! Such pretty photos and I love your needleroll...the SB stitches are so sweet. Have a great day, Mary

    ReplyDelete