THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, September 15, 2017

A Treasured Workstation...(258)

Up today for my Stroll piece is a fun design/project from Judy O'Dell of Just a Thought designs. This was an on line class, My Treasured Workstation and I stitched it in 2008. It came with the wooden bottom already decoupaged with the quote but we had to choose our own fabric and fibers. The gold initial pin on the top was a bridesmaid gift I received from my cousin for being in her wedding (back in1968). A friend of mine (thanks Sally) suggested I add a magnet to the back of the pin and make it a needle rest--works perfectly!










I was able to catch up on my Blue Band SAL yesterday...just in time for the new installment. We are up to Week 22, with only six more weeks to go! The numbers are the beginning of the current week.



 Mary had asked how I was going to finish/display the Samsarah calendar pieces so I thought I'd show how that will work. The stitched pieces will be attached to paper tags and hung on the wire frame to be switched out according to the day.


 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the comment on the Treasured Workstation and your color choices! Great idea about the magnet on the button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your workstation piece is stunning. I like how you turned your pin into a needle minder. Enjoy your day, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the pin from the wedding as a needleminder. I'm really impressed with the stitching on the green squares on the workstation, is that a form of satin stitch? The Samsarah is a great calendar display!!

    ReplyDelete