THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Queen of the Needle ......(266)

So, this is our third weekend in a row to be traveling.....we are in Saluda, NC for a wedding today. We rented an Air B&B house with our daughter and it is adorable...old but very nicely remodeled to retain it's character. I found two perfect spots for stitching or reading.

I've wanted a window seat ever since I was a little girl
 

We took a quick stroll though the little town of Saluda and there were a number of cute shops, one of which was M A Pace General store. I felt like I was walking into Ike Godsey's store......note the wedding dresses hanging on the wall.


My Stroll piece today was a really fun project. Originally it was a limited kit from Silver Needle, but Just Nan released it later as a chart....I think! It's called Queen of the Needle and I stitched it in 2006. Not my usual color palette (I know you'll like it Vickie), but I loved the inside pockets and the picot edging. The quote on the back says" In my little kingdom of stitches that cross, I am queen of the needle and boss of the floss".

Front

Back

Inside
Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

8 comments:

  1. It is simply stunning, Stasi. I love the quote on the back. Enjoy your day; the B&B looks delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought for sure that was YOUR home as it is green!! What a nice B&B. Yes! I do happen to love this piece!! Hahaha! So very cute. And adorable saying too. ;) Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I loved the Waltons and I would love seeing that store!!
    My brothers made fun of me because I had a crush on JohnBoy!

    The stitched piece is lovely, sweet pattern, love the check fabric and I'm always impressed with how many of your finishes are so detailed and complex. Enjoy the weekend away, the home looks delightful. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stasi this is such a lovely piece...so much detail and perfect stitching. I love it. Sounds like a great weekend too. Glad you are still able to get stitching in on the road. You are a stitching warrior. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stasi, I stitched Just Nan's Queen of the Needle chart in June 2007. It looks a bit different from yours, let's see if this link works: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmqk5mspupr954q/Queen-Of-The-Needle-June-2007.jpg?dl=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I'm going to assume yours was the chart version and Nan must have changed it up a bit. Did you have the option to frame or make a pocket? It looks beautiful nonetheless--great job!

      Delete
  6. What a beautifully useful project!

    ReplyDelete