THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Buzzing into June......(152)

Well 2017 is definitely buzzing by way too quickly.....it's June for goodness sake!!! 
The Stitch Stroll  continues and has been giving me such a sense of accomplishment. I know I stitch a LOT, but putting it all out there, a piece a day since January has been eye opening!!! But, it's what I do and who I am at this point in my life. And, it will be a wonderful record of my stitching journey! I hope you are enjoying too and perhaps being motivated to record your stitching endeavors. Hang in there with me.....there is lots more to come!!!

Up today are two separate designs I incorporated into one frame, Bitty Bee and Bitty Honey, stitched in 1999. The designer was, one of my favorite people, Ruth Sparrow of Twisted Threads. I stitched them over one, as called for, and I think these may have started my "bee" fetish!!!



We had a very enjoyable weekend with my younger daughter and her husband in NC. We managed to hit two festivals, the White Squirrel Festival in Brevard and a great craft show in Hendersonville. We bought some lovely plants and a piece of lawn art.... my hubby got the "spinny" thing he's been wanting! I found a neat set of bee/hives coasters, we ate real good and we got introduced to a fun new game--Ticket to Ride.
We even squeezed in a quick over nighter with my BIL.....an eventful trip all around! 


Being "squirrely" at the White Squirrel Festival
Our night light at BIL and SIL's house         


Bee Coasters


Spinny lawn art 
 
Hanging Basket of Portulaca

Aren't these sweet?

 Hope you're keeping cool wherever you are! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun and successful trip. Your tiny bee stitches are sweet. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bitty bee and bitty honey are darling, Stasi. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I like the spinny thing and your bee coasters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bee stitches Stasi and they are framed beautifully. What a fun weekend you had...sounds like a ton of fun! Love your bee coasters...they are perfect for you. RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two Twisted Threads designs look wonderful stitched together - love the borders!

    Looks like you had a great visit - glad to hear you had a good time.
    Portulaca in a basket - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete