THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Bee Kind......(157)

So, I got a little "bee in my bonnet" yesterday and totally stitched and finished a small piece. Now before you get too impressed, it was a tuck-a-way finish and pretty easy stitch. You all know I love bees and I had seen that a member of the Delaware Valley Historical Sampler Guild was asking for stitched bee related donations for a beekeepers conference. Someone had given me a Pine Mountain kit called Bee Humble and I thought it would be nice to "pay it forward" to a good cause. Here is the finished piece--please note the bees--they are made from black snaps with a yellow straight stitch....how clever!!!



Now, for the Stroll Stitch of the day...a couple  more "vintage?" pieces I did for my Mom back in the early 80's. She always had a fondness for the Madonna and Child and here are two I stitched for her. The smaller ornament was a Leisure Arts design and the Hummel was a Gloria and Pat Design.



Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Bee Humble is the perfect stitched bee related donation. And yes! The snap bees are clever! :D
    I really like the Gloria and Pat stitch Stasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee Humble turned out super, Stasi. I like the bees; what a neat idea. Lovely duo from your stitching past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful stitch to pay forward with Stasi. I love how this stitch turned out. And your
    Madonna and child stitches are lovely. I'm sure your Mom loved them. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitch is adorable and what a clever idea to make bees from the little snaps! Your Modonna stitches are beautiful, I enjoy seeing all your past stitching. Mary

    ReplyDelete