THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Gathering for Winter Part 2 (61)

As promised, here are the smalls from Gathering for Winter. We have (left to right) a pincushion (made from an empty perle cotton spool), needlebook, scissor case an scissor fob. The tassel is one I found at Hobby Lobby and used rather than making my own (not my favorite thing to do).


I finished the last of the smalls from Beekeeper's Cottage Etui, the Thimble Keep. Looks to be a little beehive! Now, I have to track down my finishing kit and then find the time to do the actual finishing. I like to have a nice, quiet, totally open day to do this--hope one is coming my way soon. 


To close, I just had to share one of my granddaughter's creations, a "phone" she made in her kindergarten art class. Now as her grandmother, I know I have bragging rights, but I really thought this was quite clever.....and telling of this upcoming generation. Here's the "phone", front and back. I'm curious if you see what she's done..it took me a minute!

She doesn't have numbers for her phone, only apps like Youtube, Netflix, weather, music, etc. and the most important to her.....an app for Justice, her favorite store. LOL   Part of me feels like "stop the world, I want to get off" and the other can't wait to see what the future is bringing for these kids.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful set of smalls! I really like the charms.

    ReplyDelete