THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, March 9, 2017

A Townhouse Sewing Case (68)

This is definitely one of my all time favorites, A Townhouse Sewing Case by Gay Ann Rogers, but I can't remember how I got it. It could have been a class through the Shining Needle Society or through Gay Ann herself. I can't find the charts/instructions and the ole memory "ain't what it used to be". I did have it in my records that I stitched it in 2009. I used Vicki Clayton silks for this and stitched it in 28 count linen rather than congress cloth. I added the pink JABCO buttons as closures and a bone bodkin, silver awl and scissors as my "treasures". I did a regular nun stitch around the house but did Gay's version around the inside pockets. This reminds me of a house on Rainbow Row in Charleston, SC.

Front of sewing case

Back of sewing case

Interior of sewing case
 We got our bottle tree "planted" yesterday....just in time for a cold snap! :)

 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This townhouse is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your townhouse, Stasi! It's so cute and perfect :)
    Your bottle tree is amazing...I love all of the colors
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying your stitching stroll from the past as you showcase previous projects. What a lovely house you created! Your bottle tree is very cool. Do you change out the bottles?

    ReplyDelete