THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Quaker Finish and Pinkeep (74)

I worked on the finishing for Quaker Sewing Case, over the weekend but couldn't quite manage to complete it. Yesterday afternoon I was able to sit down and "get 'er done". I am taking two classes with Catherine Theron next weekend, and wanted to be able to take this with me for show and tell. I really love the colors of the bargello.... so bold and rich, and the inside so delicate. I stitched as called for, but added an extra perimeter of stem stitch, done in black wool, around the exterior edge. I could see linen threads peeking through after joining and found it distracting. So here you go:





The stroll piece for today is My Pinkeep by Marie Suarez. I stitched this in 2010 as called for. I love this piece and its little pouch. I'm always on the lookout for the ivory piece but to no avail--makes a nice, quick gift idea.


Today starts the first day of the spring challenge on the FB page All About Smalls. I have chosen Garden Birds by La-D-Da, a tool book kit. The goal is to have it stitched and finished by May 20th, so wish me luck!

 


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your Quaker Sewing Case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Quaker Sewing Case is stunning, Stasi. I know you are thrilled with how it turned out. I love the little pinkeep you shared for your stroll and how it is finished. I look forward to seeing your progress on the La D Da tool kit. Have a fabulous time next weekend with the classes with Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow on the Quaker Sewing Case!! Love it all! What a cool pinkeep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautifully! I like the addition of the black on the edges. It would have distracted me too. Such a lovely set. Have a great time in class! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish - Catherine Theron designs the most gorgeous pieces, you are very lucky to be able to go to her classes. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete