THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, January 19, 2024

And January is More Than Half Gone.........


 It's been a busy past week.....lots to share, so buckle up buttercup!

I left last Thursday and drove to OCMD to help out at Salty Yarns. MLK weekend is when the EGA's Camp Wannasticth ladies descend on Ocean City and I help by cutting fabric so the regular employees can help with everything else. I heard there were over 190 ladies this year....amazing! I love getting to see what everyone is working on and help them pick out the fabric for their special projects.

While in OCMD, I received some birthday/Christmas presents....we wait for this weekend so we can do it in person. I received the following from Sally; these were beautifully stitched and will be treasured.  

Shepherd's Bush project bag

Needle and corner gauge holder

Sara gifted me a box of goodies, all nestled in a lovely "bee" box.

There was tea, tea towel and small bag from the Fitzwilliam museum, needle nanny, hand soap, notebook and sweet treat

I am so spoiled!!! On the other hand, I did a little gifting too! I didn't want to share until all gifts were received. I gave each lady a tea towel or apron from Hands Across the Sea, a waxer fob from Teresa Janjanin on FB and a "tacky" Christmas sewing box. Here are photos of the boxes:




I had so much fun making these after seeing some shown on IG and FB by Robin Shappell and Sherri at Colorado Stitcher. I found items at Hobby Lobby and the Dollar store and the cute Christmas scissors at Liberty Hill Needlework in Williamsburg. Here's one up close:


Sadly, it was back to reality...and a little snow on my drive home Monday. Wednesday I was scheduled for some gum surgery, so Tuesday was spent doing laundry and grocery shopping for soft foods. Both sides of my mouth were involved this time so I have sutures upper and lower on both sides. I am doing great and can't complain about eating lots of pudding and ice cream!!! This has also allowed me lots of down time with my needle. I continued doing some work on Live on Little by Plum Street Samplings......

.......completed a project I had started in OCMD....Cardinal's Winter by Robin Pickens......


.....and started and finished by badge for Winter Cross Stitch Camp 2024 with The Colorado Stitcher.....


....I just need to add to my Camp project bag.

Well, I think that's it for today. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Thanks for sticking with me and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi





8 comments:

  1. Sounds like your year is off to a busy, but fun (well, except for that gum surgery!) start, Stasi. Lovely gifts both given and received. I'm sure your little Christmas themed sewing boxes were fun to put together and will be thoroughly enjoyed. Enjoy all those pretty projects as you recover--hope it goes smoothly! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is hoping your healing is easeful and complete. Pudding and ice cream can be great healers.What sewing treasures you gave and received...lovely expressions of friendship.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete
  3. Well, time rushes by. What a nice post and lovely gifts. I am sure your little boxes made fun to those you gave to. The stitching gave me inspiration.
    Wish you a wonderful 2024. Take care,
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Gabi and your kind comments. I hope you have a wonderful 2024 also!

      Delete
  4. Helping out by cutting fabric seems like fun!
    Those little boxes are too cute.
    The Cardinal design is so pretty, we have a lot of them here.
    I hope your moth heals well & you aren't in too much pain.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry you had to go through gum surgery Stasi, I know how tender stitches in your mouth can be. I hope you heal soon.
    On the up side it must have been fun meeting everyone at Salty Yarns, I so wish I had a shop like that in my area…. But maybe it’s just as well there isn’t!
    I love all your little gifts you received and the little sewing boxes you gave in return.
    Happy Stitching!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your gum surgery went smoothly and you are enjoying your fill of ice cream and pudding. Is pasta considered a soft food? It sounded like you had a wonderful time in OCMD helping out at the fabric table, Stasi. Your projects look fabulous. I really like the cardinal finish along with your winter camp badge. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete