THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, January 25, 2024

A Few Smallish Starts............


 Between the cold weather and my mouth, I've been getting a lot of stitching done. The mouth is doing well; it's just a challenge to eat with all the sutures and surgical areas. But, no pain, so that is good!

We've had quite the weather scenario this past week. Up until Tuesday we woke up to lows in the 20's and highs in the 40's. Now, it's in the 60's!!! Crazy.!!!

On to stitching.....I signed up for the virtual Winter Soiree at Sassy Jacks this past Saturday. I have done her September Soiree weekend in the past, but this was basically Friday night and Saturday. We received a kit of a red Bristol sampler and a chart from Beth at Summer House Stitche Workes, along with some goodies. There were tutorials on pulled hem stitch and mattress finishing as well as a talk on Bristol samplers and a visit from Beth herself. Sadly, I could not manage to get on Zoom....I have done dozens of these zoom meetings but could not figure out my issue and was not able to get any help since the programs had started. So, I just started my projects and stitched away by myself. Kim made it good for me and I'm hoping to talk to her and figure out the problem so I can attend her others that are coming up. 

First up is Soiree Bristol by Sassafras-Samplers...this is the first in a series of eight smalls. It's stitched on 40 ct. Vintage Country Mocha with NPI Chinese Red silk. I did change out the fabric.


Next is Carolina Coverlet.....I'm doing this on 40 ct. Vintage Country Mocha, also, with Vikki Clayton silks. 


I also started a Christmas ornament, Heaven and Nature Sing, by Petal Pusher. I'm doing it on a 30 ct. mystery linen with called for GAST.

Sorry so dark but a dreary day here.

I also made myself a pillow out of a tees shirt as a remembrance of my special times at the Lankford Hotel.



I also wanted to share, which I forgot to do last post, that Sally had stitched my name on the back of my Shepherds Bush project bag. She said that since so many ladies have these and take to retreats/classes, that I would know which was mine. Great idea don't ya think!!!

I think that's it for today....hope you have  a great upcoming weekend and can get a little...or more than a little....stitching in! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi






5 comments:

  1. Glad your mouth is healing without pain.
    Great projects & cool pillows!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your mouth is healing! I think that is a great idea with your name on the back. Your projects all look fabulous, Stasi. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to know you aren't in pain with your healing mouth, Stasi! It really sounds like an awful procedure. Sorry the Zoom connection wasn't working for you on your Sassy Jack's get-together. The pillow is so cute and a perfect thing to commemorate all of your retreats in Ocean City. Hope you're enjoying a relaxing weekend and can get back to eating normally very soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult when your mouth is uncomfortable but I'm glad it's not painful any more. Your stitching is so so pretty, especially the 'Carolina Coverlet'. I keep seeing those mattress finishes and really need to give one a go. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stasi: I hope your mouth is all healed, ouch to have to eat soft foods for a period of time.
    It is warm here in Minnesota, we have no snow on the ground, I hope it stays warm for you.
    Nice projects you are working on, the pillow is amazing a great idea for a keepsake.
    I know some zoom classes have a video you can visit later after the class has ended, hopefully they did one like that.
    So sorry I have not been commenting, many things have happened here.
    Will be posting tomorrow.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete