THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, January 6, 2024

I Was So Hoping........744

 


.....for a little dusting, at least, of snow......but alas....only rain!!! However, that makes for a nice quiet stitchy day in my book! I want to finish up my Blessing sampler for two reasons. First, I'm afraid I'm going to run out of fiber! I think I will make it with a little change up in color, but it's going to be very close!!! Next, I miscounted and the "U' is too high and not lined up with other letters in the row. If I have enough thread left over, I may be able to redo it, but if I don't , it will have to stay that way. I don't think I'd be able to reuse the thread after frogging. Fingers crossed and wish me luck!!!


I forgot to share a finish from the end of 2023. This is a little turtle, for a friend,  from a Zip and Stitch needlepoint kit......easy to stitch and even easier to finish...you literally just zip it when complete!


I hope your 2024 is off to a good start...mine has been pretty chill but will pick up next week. I'm excited about the birthday gift from my daughter, Kristin. She gave me a year of scones!!! A lady will be delivering my first four next Tuesday for January. Then I get four a month for the rest of the year...some sweet, some savory. I can't wait as I love scones!!! I will pair with a cup of hot tea and feel so pampered!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

7 comments:

  1. Stasi - A plane flying over will never notice the discrepancy and think it
    a part of the design combination....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a lovely birthday gift, Stasi! Yum! Your sampler is looking so lovely--sure hope the threads last for you. That is unnerving to be that far and worried about running out. I'm happy to say, we ARE getting snow... everything looks so fresh and clean and I love just sitting and watching the flakes slowly fall. Probably won't last long, but with a winter this dry, I'll take any snow I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum on the year of scones, Stasi! Your turtle case looks awesome. One of the ladies from the Culpeper stitch group loved working on those Zip and Stitch cases. Your blessing sampler is looking good. Keeping my fingers crossed that you have enough thread. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had very little snow that turned into rain yesterday, But, supposedly, a big storm is coming next week!
    I hope you have enough thread, but if not, that's ok too, it will be a unique stitch!
    Love that Turtle, I have them in my bathroom.
    The scones sound like a great gift, something to look forward to each month!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would leave it as it is. It's already quirky with the mixed up letters so it being unaligned just adds to it. Well, that's what I think anyway. Scones being delivered to your door sounds just bliss to me, I'm sure you're going to enjoy every morsel. Happy Stitching. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly don't trust the weather forecasters anymore, I'm going with the weather rock from now on! My Dad in western MD got snow, but not us.
    Unless you said something, I probably wouldn't have noticed the U.
    The turtle is adorable, what a sweet gift to give.
    Oooh, scones, lucky you! I have a scone pan, but haven't used it in ages. I might just need to pull it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete