THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, July 1, 2022

A New Month Means a Couple New Starts....

Wow...the year is half over...and I'd like it to slow down considerably!!! You see, I turn 70 at the end of this year and this 'number' is a tough one to swallow! 50 and 60 I could handle, but 70 seems monumentally OLD!! And that's all I'm going to say about it!!!

On to my new starts....I'm doing the Summer Cross Stitch Camp with the Colorado Stitcher and for July we are to stitch something that will be finished in a way other than framing. I chose to do a small Lizzie Kate stocking. That way I can count that as my July ornament in the 2022 Ornament SAL hosted by Carol at Stitching Dreams....two birds with one stone so to speak. So, I'm doing the stocking in the lower left on Flora McSample's 2013 Stocking on 30 ct WDW Straw over two. I converted the DMC to Vicki Clayton silks and I will be putting my first stitches in on this today. The "blobs" of threads are from when Vicki's silks were on those horrible thread hangers!


 I also started another Christmas ornament as I never did April and May for the SAL and am playing catch up. I'm doing the 1990 Prairie Schooler Santa, over one, with the called for DMC. It's going to fit perfectly in a cute little plaid frame I got at Michael's last year.


 

It's going to be in the 90's today, so I'm skipping my grandson's baseball games and staying home in the A/C. I think some Making the Cut will be on the agenda; I saw a new season is starting and I love watching the clothing designers do their thing. I sure wish we could get the Great British Sewing Bee on something other than Brit Box since I don't subscribe to that...maybe I need to break down and get it!

Hope you have a great upcoming weekend and July! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your daily posts. You are a very busy stitcher. I've got you beat by 6 years. I'm too young to be old. Maria S., Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for your summer camp stitch and the monthly ornament SAL, Stasi! Your PS Santa is going to look fabulous in the plaid frame. Stay cool and keep hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stockings are so cute, can't wait to see your finish.
    The PS Santa will look cute in that frame.
    Marilyn
    P.S. I will also be turning 70............in November. :)

    ReplyDelete