THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Another Little Gift to Share.....655

 Here is another recent gift I made for a friend.....Kind Friend Gift Bag by Jeanette Douglas. This was a kit and I stitched, as is, on 32 ct Flax linen with provided DMC. I filled it with a mixture of crushed walnut shells and lavender.

 Were any of you fans of Mr. Rogers? I loved watching him with my girls when they were small; he shared many valuable life lessons in a calm, loving manner. My daughter had a copy of this book in NC and I ordered myself one as soon as I got home. We can all use a little..okay maybe a lot... of his kindness and wisdom today...it doesn't grow old! "Won't you be my neighbor?"

 

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Stasi: Beautiful bag, oh my gosh Mr. Rogers what a hoot, I remember Mr. Green Jeans with Captain Kangaroo.
    I am I love To Stitch, not sure why I am coming up anonymous.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little bag.
    Yes, Mr. Rogers knew what he was talking about!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous gift you have made your friend Stasi. Yes, I am a big fan of Mr. Rogers. He was my lifeline in my turbulent childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous gift you made, Stasi! And, living here in Pittsburgh, of course Mr. Rogers was huge in our family. My oldest son, especially, wouldn't miss an episode. Such a gentle, kind soul...

    ReplyDelete