THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Holiday Weekend......

 

 July 4th is just a couple days away and we will be heading up to the Baltimore area for a family get together. Last year my cousin restarted the tradition of an extended family get together an, at what was my Aunt and Uncle's house and is now his, on the Fourth. I have so many fond memories of these Codd clan gatherings and am excited to be going. I am hoping to see my three Aunts and tons of cousins as well as my parents and siblings. Here is their lovely historic home and the bridge over a small creek that leads across a field and up to the railroad tracks, where we would lay pennies to get "smashed" by the trains! You can read more on last years post about the picnic here: 

Family Gathering 2021

I got quite a bit stitched on my Summer Camp piece last evening as we watched the final two episodes of Stranger Things. The photo is showing the fabric much lighter than it really is. Just have the 'toe' area to do!


I thought I'd share some of my patriotic stitching before I end today. These photos are from the top of my display cabinet. 
Feel free to ask any questions about any of the pieces.
 




I may, or may not post while away so, have a safe and happy 4th! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Your family get together sounds wonderful, Stasi--lots of old family stories will be told and new memories made, I'm sure. Had to laugh about the smashing pennies, too! I grew up just down the street from the train tracks that went through my small home town. My dad used to take my sons up whenever we visited to carefully lay the pennies out on the track, too. My boys would come home SO excited to share their flattened pennies with us :) Lovely patriotic displays--Happy 4th to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can well appreciate your nostalgia for this lovely,historical place,especially intermingled with childhood memories. Have a wonderful Fourth reliving it
    among kindreds, Stasi....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a beautiful place to have a get-together.
    What a great collection of Patriotic.
    I have to ask, what is that framed collection on the wall?
    Have a fun & safe 4th!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all have a SAFE family gathering Stasi!! The family home is so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place for the family gathering! Love your patriotic display!

    ReplyDelete