THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, August 11, 2023

On A Roll.....714

 

Good morning! It's Friday..are you ready for the weekend? I'm planning on attending the zoom meeting o the DVHSG tomorrow morning and then attending RVA Stitchers in the afternoon. Let's hope things go as planned. 

I've been doing the Common Threaded Stitcher prompts on IG and a lady responded that she lives in the same area as me...how exciting...I'm hoping we can meet up at some time. If you want to check out my IG, I am @stasibbee. The CTS events are a fun way to meet other stitchers, albeit mostly on line, and see what the are all about.

Here is the piece I FFO's.....Bittersweet September by Blackbird Designs. This was a club kit that I got on the second hand market. Everything was included except the charm, stuffing and ribbon closure. It was stitched on 32 count Korty's Special Blend by R&R fabrics with GAST fibers.



This is my piece for an exchange in the fall. I hope my recipient likes it!

I forgot to add some photos from our recent family visits.

My parents and all the great grands.

The Barbie  movie outing

My parents and Jax....don't you just want to squeeze those chub chubs???

I hope you have a nice weekend that includes some relaxing, stitching time. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

Oh, and Happy World Cross Stitch Day!!!!

 
 

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful family pictures you shared, Stasi! Your latest finish is a beauty. I hope you have fun Zooming and then meeting in person with RVA. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day is planned.
    Very nice finish, love the crowns on the back.
    Nice family pic, Jax is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those photos of your family, Stasi! How wonderful that your grandchildren know there great-grandparents, too. It's always made me sad that my grandson didn't ever meet my parents. Your Bittersweet September piece looks so lovely--the recipient will agree, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your two events, it's always nice to stitch with others.
    Your finish looks great, I'm sure your recipient will love it.
    Such sweet family photos, treasures for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasured photo Stasi, everyone looks so happy.. love your finished Blackbird piece, the colours are so pretty and I love the fabric on the back, it's perfect. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete