THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, August 10, 2023

I'd Rather Bee Sticthing.....713

 

 

I have a finish to share...this should be my mantra ....."I'd rather bee stitching"!  It is what I love to do and I try to put in some stitches every day....doesn't always work out that way, but I try.

Here is I'd Rather Be Stitching by Primrose Cottage Stitches....such a sweet piece. This was my August project for Summer Cross Stitch Camp with Sherri, the Colorado Stitcher. The prompt was to stitch something new to you. This was my first time working with Gumnut threads and my first project with this particular designer.  I was drawn to the colors and the saying, of course, but also it's simplicity. I stitched it on a 28 ct. mystery fabric and used fibers I had in my stash.. a mix of CC, Silks4U and Gumnut silks. I finished it into a small pillow using "bee" fabrics I had in my stash. A little addition of some pins and voila....a finished project!


 I also finished the stitching on another of the Polar Plunge series for the grands....Penguin Pair   by Hands on Design. Five down and one to go!


 I'm heading to JoAnns this morning. My daughter asked me to make a couple pillow cases for Jax. I've sent his birth sampler off to my framer and will be anxiously awaiting her magic. 

I hope you have a great day...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Your bee stitching pillow is darling, Stasi. Well done on finishing Penguin Plunge! Have a good outing to Joann's. It is stitch group day so heading to Fairfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your bee finish, Stasi! The pillow turned out so pretty with the fabrics you chose. I try to stitch daily, too, but sometimes life gets in the way :)

    Your first ornament for the grandkids is so cute--love that baby penguin. Have fun at JoAnns! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute finish, love the colors.
    The Penguins are too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You finished it bee-utifully, I love how it looks!
    The penguins look adorable. I have yet to get any in the series, they are so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow finish is so sweet Stasi. I loved stitching mine and have have already started to stitch another,' A Bee C'. Loving those Penguins too, how cute are they!! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete