THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, August 5, 2023

And it's HOT Again......

We had a very nice week, weather wise, in the low 80's with low humidity. But now the heat is back...not happy! But...my stitching awaits!

I thought I'd start today with my August displays...part beach, part harvest. Here you go...........












Hope you enjoyed my displays....now on to some stitching. I can't show one piece at this time, as it's a birthday gift for a friend. But, I did finish my camp project for August. It was a very quick stitch and I wanted to knock it out knowing I had other obligations. Here is I'd Rather Bee Stitching by Primrose Cottage Stitches. I'm showing the fabrics I will use to make the little pillow.


 Yesterday, we drove about 2 1/2 hours for my hubby to check out a used pick up truck. His current one is a 2005 with 225,000 miles on it and is dying a slow death...A/C not working, one window doesn't always go back up, etc. He needed me to drive our car back if he bought one. He did......a 2019 Chevy Colorado, which looks exactly like his 2005 Chevy Colorado but with only    98,000 miles on it. He will drive this one 'til he dies too!!!

So, on the way up, I managed to get one of the tiny squares from Hands on Design's Beach Please stitched. The other two I had already done on a previous trip. I think I only have two more to go.


 Now to do my knee exercises before I sit down and stitch. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

 

7 comments:

  1. Your HOD paper pieces are looking good, Stasi. Totally enjoyed seeing your displays! Glad your hubby has new wheels! I hope he enjoys it. I am with you on the heat. Enjoy your Saturday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely displays! (Ann)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great displays, & that's cute stitch.
    Can't wait to see your finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Stasi: Congratulations to your husband on his truck.
    Great stitching progress, I am looking forward to seeing the Hands on Design fully finished, to do great finishing.
    The displays you have created are lovely, it has been warm here also and very little rain.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your knee is improving with each day, Stasi! You have that big, exciting trip coming up soon... Loved seeing your August displays--they are all so creative and well done. And your latest finish is darling. Love the fabrics you've chosen to accent the little pillow.

    So glad your husband found a "new" truck he likes! We have always been the same--drive them til they die :) Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great August displays, I love the beach ones!
    Wow, that was fast, your new piece finished already. I like the fabrics you've chosen to finish it.
    Oooh, more beach stitching, I love it.
    I'm glad DH was able to get an updated truck, he certainly made use of his last one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You August display is beautiful Stasi, so much work there! I'm intrigued to know what is in the frame on the wall with the crown on top, is it bobbin lace? I love your camp piece and the fabrics you've chosen will go perfectly with it. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete