THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, August 18, 2023

A Little Sticthing Going On...........

 

There has been very little stitching going on at my house...in between seeing the movie Oppenheimer,  getting my sewing room in some sort of order and back to school shopping. I've always taken the grands shopping for school clothes with a set amount for a budget. Asher and Cora each got one item that blew their budget; Esther got 4 shirts and a hoodie (a bargain shopper after my own heart) and James is yet to decide what he wants.  School starts Monday!!!

But, here is what I've been working on......One Nation by Samplers Not forgotten.  I love this section...just have a tiny bit at the bottom to do, then on to the the final part. I'm going to ponder that part for a while...may do something different..we shall see!


 I want to give a shout out to my friend, Lisa. She has started a floss tube channel called Lady Huzzah Presents. She just finished episode 4 and it is a dandy with loads of eye candy!!! Do you like how I rhymed that up??? LOL She shares all her Merry Cox pieces, which are exquisite, and how Merry was so influential in her stitching journey. Sadly, Merry's pieces, for the most part, are only available via a class. But, Lisa gives you a list of a fair number that are available in old magazines issues from Just Cross Stitch  and SANQ.
Check it out when you have the time, definitely worth watching for inspiration. 

Do any of you watch Ted Lasso on Apple TV? We just finished the third and final season and I have to say I am in love with Ted. I didn't care for all the cursing, and assume that's what a locker room is like, but Ted himself, is the best. It's a little rough and tumble, with many flawed characters but they work things out with kindness and understanding...a message we all need today! 

I hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


5 comments:

  1. Love your Stitching - it is so pretty.....I love this...

    Take Care & Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Nation is going to be so pretty.
    Yes, I do watch Lisa, she has amazing stitching.
    I hope James decides soon!
    We are watching the Lincoln Lawyer series on Netflix.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an epic shopping trip Stasi. Those band on 'One Nation' look so pretty, it's going to be beautiful when finished. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. One Nation is looking fabulous, Stasi. Interesting back to school shopping trip! Hopefully, James figures out what he wants soon. I'm with you and Esther on the bargain shopping. We don't have Apple TV, but I have heard that about the Ted Lasso program. Enjoy your Saturday (weatherwise, it is supposed to be gorgeous).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely piece you're working on!
    I did watch Ted Lasso, but haven't watched the recent season yet.

    ReplyDelete