THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, May 21, 2018

A Little Cruising and Strolling.....(458-460)






After an extremely wet...and noisy..weekend at the beach, I am home and the sun is shining. My brother and SIL had invited us to meet them in Ocean City, MD for "Cruiser" weekend and we accepted. Unfortunately, it rained pretty much all weekend...and I don't mean just rained....I mean poured cats and dogs. We got there Thursday and didn't even leave the condo on Friday, except for dinner, as the rain was blowing horizontally and heavy! Made for a relaxing 'stitchy' day for me ( I got week 21 stitched on the Red Sampler Band SAL) while we watched some movies on TV.


  The rain however did NOT stop the cruisers from racing up and down Ocean Highway revving their motors with cheers from an admiring crowd. This lasted until the wee hours of the morning EVERY night!!! Can't say I'll be going back for this, though hubby and brother loved seeing all the souped up cars.

Of course I couldn't be in OC without a visit to Salty Yarns , so in between rain showers on Saturday, I was able to stop by and deliver my birthday presents to Sara and Sally. I was a little late with Sara's but early with Sally's and I much prefer giving them in person, if possible. So, a few additions to Stasi's Stitch Stroll:

For Sara, I stitched, for a second time, F is for Friend by Heartstring Samplery. I love this piece and it makes such a wonderful gift.


For Sally, who is celebrating a milestone birthday, I did Happy Birthday Heart by Lucy Beam. I stitched this over one using a 32 count periwinkle mystery linen and the called for fibers. I changed the candles on the cake to her celebratory age and added the crown charm. I finished as a flat piece with the rick-rack around the edge.


 And, since this is a special birthday for Sally, I was ecstatic to find a Mardina My Favorite Beading Tools box for her. It is a truly lovely collection of fine beading tools and needles.
 
 
I finished my exchange piece for the PSS retreat and am pleased with how it turned out. I did a nun stitch around the perimeter of the stitching and attached it to a wooden spool that I had painted. I added itty bitty bee and caterpillar buttons. I'm including a tiny pair of black scissors. 



Well, that's all folks! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


6 comments:

  1. Your retreat exchange piece looks super, Stasi. Where did you find the wood spool (and how tall is it?)? The stitched gifts you created for Sara and Sally are gorgeous. I am glad you were able to stop in to Salty Yarns during your cruiser weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching and finishing (as usual)! I know Sally and Sara were thrilled with their gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute gifts! Love that finished spool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts you've created, Stasi! I especially love the darling spool--how cute is that!? So sorry about all the rain. We are expecting a rainy weekend here and my sister and brother-in-law are visiting for the first time in 22 years. I was so hoping to show them the city in nice weather...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cruisers … as in cruising down the highway? Definitely sounds like it could get loud. Here we have a long weekend called Roar at the Shore every year with what seems like bazillions of motorcycles.

    Such pretty gifts you stitched (that beading tools set is lovely)! Let me eat cake made me laugh right out loud! The exchange piece came out beautifully, too.

    ReplyDelete