THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, September 2, 2023

A Start and a Belated Finish.....720


 So, I got caught up in the September Sampler madness on IG and decided to start a small sampler from Dutch Treat Designs. This was a chart she gifted to the attendees at a DVHSG where Claudia was the presenter. It is called Bristol Green and is a reproduction sampler using 4 colors of silk. I am doing it over one on a 36 ct. fabric to stay as close to the original size as possible. The original is only 4 X 5". Those who know me, know why this one appealed to me.

My finish is way over due...the little partygoers from last years Costume Party by Hands on Design. I couldn't figure out what to do with them, so they've been simmering on the back burner. I saw recently this frame at Home Goods with  Rae Dunn art work in it.


The size and price were perfect so, I popped out the panel, painted the frame black, covered the wrong side of the original panel with some spooky Halloween fabric, glued the panel back in with the original artwork showing on the back side, added my trick or treaters  with double stick tape and glued a bright ribbon along the bottom and Scrabble tiles along the top. Voila!!!

Well, that's it for today. I hope you have a wonderful end of summer weekend. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

PS Bummed about the passing of Jimmy Buffett! Cheeseburgers may be in order this weekend!!!

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable way to finish the partygoing mashers, Stasi! Well done! I like the project bag you stitched and made in the background of the first picture. Since I hadn't heard about your PS, I had to go looking. So sad! Definitely at least one meal should be cheeseburgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stasi: Bristol Green is lovely, I like the colors and love using silk threads. the frame is perfect for your Halloween design, cute using the tiles a great idea.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finish Stasi and what a great way to preserve the original artwork on the back. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice start on your sampler - and I love the bag behind it.
    What a fun finish for the Costume Party, great idea!

    ReplyDelete