THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Stitching Therapy.....

I am starting off today asking for positive thoughts/prayers for my daughter and her family. I will not go into details, but just say they are having a difficult time right now. Thank you!

I try to get some stitching in every day; I miss it when I can't. It provides comfort to me in times of stress .....the soothing rhythm of the needle. Back on Jan.1, 2011, I was told by an ER doctor that I had a cancerous growth in my uterus--didn't turn out to be so...thankfully, but I had to live the next 6 weeks with that preying on my mind.   I did what I had to on a daily basis ---grocery shopping and meals, laundry, running our business, etc..but mostly I retreated to my little stitching nest and put needle to fabric. My needlework is what got me through!!! 

And so it is now......I've been working, when I can, on the mandala portion of the Celtic Banner and finished it up last night. It's given me a distraction when needed and soothed my soul.


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi

11 comments:

  1. Praying for your daughter and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you family.
    Your stitching is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi, lifting up your daughter and her family in prayer. You are making good progress on your Celtic banner. Stitching definitely sooths the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and your daughter's family--pray that all will weather this storm and come out stronger on the other side

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staci, I’m sending prayers for your daughter and her family. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for our stitching--it has gotten me through many a stressful time, too, Stasi. Will definitely keep your daughter and family in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet Stasi...I'm praying for your daughter and family and for you too. I know how much cross stitch has helped me through the most stressful times too. We will all keep stitching and praying. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Stasi, I'm so sorry to hear there are problems - good thoughts and prayers are headed your daughter's way (with some for you too, of course).

    The power in our needles! They soothe, they calm and comfort, and let us make lovely things while doing so. So glad to have that retreat. The mandala is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter and her family will be on my prayer list tonight. May God bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your cancer scare... don't know why they make a person wait so long to figure this stuff out... I will keep your daughter and her family in my prayers... Stitching mends the heart, the soul and the mind... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stasi, I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, stitching soothes the soul, I'm thankful that I found this pastime. How awful for you to wait so long for a diagnosis, I cannot imagine your relief that upon hearing it was not cancer.
    Love the mandala on your celtic banner. You are making great progress. .

    ReplyDelete