THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

All We Need is Love....449

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I was trying to explain what Lent was to Cora last night (the grands came over for Pancake Tuesday dinner), that people gave up something they really liked for the 40 days leading up to Easter and examples of what that might be. She looked at me astonished and said she could NEVER give up candy and it's lucky she doesn't have to since her church doesn't practice that tradition. I guess it is bad timing that Valentine's Day is the first day of Lent this year.

Here is something sweet, but only as eye candy, my latest finish and addition to my Stitch Stroll. It is the freebie chart by DMC, Alphabet Heart, or as it's listed on the DMC site, Coeur Lettres. I stitched this over one on 32 count Victorian Red linen with GAST Oatmeal and Victorian Pink ; I used the pink for my hubby and my initials. I added pearl seed beads in place of sets of three stitches that were spread sporadically throughout the design. I mounted the stitched piece onto a larger fabric covered heart and added the pearl heart with ribbon at the top. The stitched piece is about 3 1/2 " X 3 1/2".


 Hard to believe we are already up to week 6 on the  Red Sampler BAnd SAL, and so far, I've been keeping up. Whew!!!


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship---hope you have a sweet day with your loved ones!!!
Stasi

8 comments:

  1. Stasi, your stitched heart turned out fabulous and I like how you finished it off. Well done on keeping up with the Red Band Sampler SAL! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so good!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your heart is so sweet Stasi. The Red Band Sampler SAL is super too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your heart turned out great! Love that special touch of doing the personal initials in the pink. I think you get bonus points for keeping up on the Red SAL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your heart Stasi...so pretty! How did you attach the front heart to the back heart? Love how your band is coming along...you are making great progress. I can't remember Ash Wednesday falling on Valentine's Day before but I'm sure it has. When Father mentioned the date I was like but it's Valentine's Day and I was giving up chocolate. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stasi, I just love that heart!!! I cannot sew a heart shape for the life of me, yours came out great. The finish is perfect and great choice on the backing heart fabric.

    I like the idea of instead of giving up something for Lent,do something nice or special for someone each day throughout Lent. Maybe that will be more appealing to Cora.

    Red Band Sampler is coming along great! Hope you had a Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely heart, Stasi! I have never had the courage to try stitching that shape... Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stasi, I love the finish on this heart. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete